Friday, October 19, 2007

Week 6 #15 On Library 2.0 and Web 2.0

I don't have my library science degree, but if I was getting it now, I'm sure it is changing fast. When I read "Into a new world of librarianship" I related to what Michael Stephens was stating, "the library is human". Libraries aren't just buidlings with books, they are alive. Libraries are "transparent". We have to be open and fast when it comes to making decisions. I hope we can continue to attract young people to the profession, especially men. The profession should be changing just as fast as the technology. The impact of technology is now, its rethinking how we do everything. But....what about the past? Where will we store history, artifacts, documents? I understand the debate. I certainly don't want the library of the future just to be labs of computers. How boring is that?

No comments: